- Became an apprentice jeweller in 1983
- Went from jewellery making to youth working on the Sunshine Coast in 1990
- Participated in a Project Adventure workshop in Australia in 1992
- Went to the United States and did a six month internship with PA in 1993
- 1993 – 1998 was the CCDI co-ordinator and main builder for PAA
- 1998 became the sole contractor for CCDI with PAA
- Mid 1998 became Managing Director of PAA after taking on the training component
- Married Bron September 2003
- 1 x daughter and 2 x sons, and a group of guinea pigs…
- Lives in the Sunshine Coast hinterland
- Built ropes courses in almost every Australian state (anyone in South Australia want a ropes course???), as well as in the USA, Indonesia, China, Japan, Singapore and Thailand
- Damien has over 15 years corporate experience within Banking and Finance, Gaming, Recruitment and Private Education system. The primary role in these positions was as a corporate trainer to internal and external clients, sales and marketing with a focus on public relations. Damien has worked in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, before joining Project Adventure Australia in 2000 as its Business Development Manager.
- In 2008 he established an online business, Red Rock Adventure Products that serviced the adventure education industry by providing hardware and safety equipment to challenge course operators, together with adventure education books and props. Later through demand the business diversified into camping equipment. Red Rock Adventure was acquired by Project Adventure in 2014.
- Damien holds a Diploma of Business (Double major in Management and Human Resource Management) and Certificate IV Workplace Training Category 2.
- Has written 2 books – Take a Minute and The Truth About Goal Setting.